Associate Level 3/Appraiser
Chief Deputy Assessor
· Assist in the day to day management and operation of the Assessor’s office.
· Provide oversight and monitoring of staff to assure compliance with County and State policies and continuing education requirements.
· Assist in the budgetary process and monitoring of expenditures.
· Attend County Commissioner and Council meetings.
· Promote and maintain working relationships within other County departments.
· Assist County Assessor in the completion of assigned office duties.
· Possess a level 3 Assessor Appraiser Certification
· Degree required (Real Estate related field preferred)
· Two years experience in assessment of real estate and personal property.
· Experience in supervision and management required.
Dearborn County Sheriff Department
Position – Deputy Sheriff
The initial and primary function of this deputy sheriff position is to serve as a uniformed police officer authorized to enforce state laws, county laws and county ordinances. Other duties include accident investigation, criminal investigation, civil process service, public service and other special duties assigned by the sheriff. Compensation includes a beginning salary of $38,133.00, an excellent benefits package and a retirement plan.
Applications for employment and the statement of consent, waiver & acknowledgement forms can be obtained from www.dearborncountysheriff.org. After the website opens, click on employment to obtain these two forms. Resumes will be accepted only if accompanied by a completed application and a completed consent, waiver & acknowledgement form. Deadline for all applications, statement of consent, waiver & acknowledgement and resumes is July 18, 2014.
Minimum Applicant Standards
· Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
· Applicant must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment as a deputy sheriff.
· Must be a high school graduate and produce evidence of it by way of a diploma or a GED certificate.
· Must agree to and pass a background investigation.
· Must successfully pass a written examination.
· Must possess, as a minimum, visual acuity that is correctable to 20/40 in both eyes.
· Must possess, as a minimum, auditory acuity that is within normal range in both ears.
· Must possess a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
· Applicant’s body weight must be in proportion to the applicant’s height per the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy.
· Must meet current Indiana Law Enforcement Academy physical standards and general requirements for police officers.
· Must have the ability to exercise good judgment, balanced temperament and to adequately complete psychological testing.
· Must have excellent character with favorable references from previous employers and personal references.
· Must not have a pattern or practice of substance abuse or criminal misdemeanor convictions and no felony convictions.
· Must agree to submit to a polygraph (lie detector) test.
· If discharged from military service, must possess an honorable discharge.
· Must pass a medical examination and a drug test.
· Must be willing to take an oath to support the constitutions of the United States and the State of Indiana.
· The selected applicant must establish a permanent residence in Dearborn County or a surrounding Indiana county within one (1) year of employment.