Dearborn County Health Department
Food Protection Division
Position: Chief Food Specialist, S & W Districts
· Conducts inspections and/or investigations of food establishments, production and/or food storage facilities to ensure compliance within regulations.
· Conducts follow-up inspections to ensure that standards are being met and corrective action is taken for industry and public safety.
· Reviews blueprint/sketches for new businesses in conjunction with Food Program Manager.
· Prepares technical reports on violations noted during inspections that are cited for action, repair, correction, quarantine, and/or proper disposition.
· Investigates hazardous events such as fires, floods, tornadoes, truck/train wrecks or food processing equipment breakdowns and assures the disposal of dangerous, mislabeled or contaminated foods.
· Presents speeches, technical reports, briefings and communicates effectively as assigned by Program Manager.
Training and Experience:
· College degree in Food Service, Public Health, Microbiology, Liberal Arts or closely related field; supplemented by 1 to 3 years of experience is highly preferred.
· Must possess a valid Driver’s License and demonstrated safe driving record.
· Must be 21 years of age and meet all Department hiring requirements.
Suellen Cauble, HR Director
Dearborn County Government
215B West High Street
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Office (812) 537-8817
Fax (812) 532-3290
Position: Intern/Co-op Position / Part Time
This position involves “section corner perpetuation,” posting of “tie cards” to the Dearborn County website, drafting the tie cards in SurvCADD, field work gathering information to create the tie cards, printing and filing the tie cards. There may be field work on county projects involving a total station, data collector, and/or GPS.
· Must be a United States citizen
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must have education in the field of surveying
· Must pass a physical examination
· Be physically fit as job duties require
· Prior experience surveying preferred
· Know how to use SurvCADD, Microsoft Office Suite, and GPS programs
· A general knowledge of the field of surveying.
· Complete projects as assigned
· Work with the County Surveyor and staff
· Draft, post, and publish tie cards
· Research and document section corners, quarter corners, and quarter-quarter corners
· Set a work schedule
· Complete field work with the Surveyor and/or Deputy Surveyor
· GIS work as assigned
· Communication to the general public and ability to explain the County Surveyor duties
Applications may be obtained from the Dearborn County Surveyor or the Human Resource Department. Submit application/resume to Suellen Cauble, HR Director, via e-mail to email@example.com, fax to (812) 532-3290, or mail to: 215B W. High Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025. Applications will be accepted through the close of business on Friday, September 10, 2014.
Position: Health Educator/RN
Position serves as Health Educator/RN for Dearborn County Health Department, responsible for developing and implementing health programs throughout the community.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable Dearborn County Health Department policies and procedures, Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) and Indiana Academic standards, HIPAA regulations, and all other Federal and State laws relating to privacy, confidentiality, and service delivery.
· Provides Public Health education to county schools.
· Provides grant writing for Nursing Division.
· Public speaking presentations and seminars.
· Attends meetings in community to promote public relations.
· Baccalaureate Degree in Health Education and current licensing as Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Ability to meet all Department hiring requirements, including passage of medical exam and drug test.
· Knowledge of public health laws, academic standards, and accepted principles and practices of public health nursing.
· Effective communication orally and in writing. Ability to understand, memorize, retain, and carry out oral or written instructions and present findings in oral or written form.
· Maintain confidentiality of department information and records.
Applications or Resumes accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, fax to 812-532-3290, or mail to Suellen Cauble, HR Director, 215B West High Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025.